Dr. Tarek hegazy: Patents, Copyrights, and Awards
- US Provision patent No. 61/282,597, filed on March 5, 2010, “Method for Critical Path Scheduling of Activity Time Segments.”
- US Provisional patent No. 61/213681, filed on July 2009, “Device and technique for Multiple Optimization and Segmentation Technique (MOST) and Focused-Inspection Tools (FIT),” This patent is a state-of-the-art device and technologies for inspection and for large-scale optimization of capital renewal plans.
Software, Canadian Copyright Reg., April 2002.
“BAL”, Computer Software,
Canadian Copyright Reg. No. 491998, May 30, 2001.
Canadian Copyright Reg. Number 430408,
Software, Canadian Copyright Reg. No. 429641,
1. In 2011, received prestigious best paper award from the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Journal of Management in Engineering, for the paper “Attitude-Based Negotiation Methodology for the Management of Construction Disputes”.
2. 2010, received an award of Top Cited Article 2005-2010 from the Advanced Engineering Informatics Journal for the paper “Comparison among five evolutionary-based optimization algorithms”.
1. In 2004, acknowledged as one of the world’s top five contributing authors to ASCE construction research (ranked third in the period 1997-2002), Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 130, No. 3, 2004, page 437.
2. Nominated for Steacie Award, 2005
3. Nominated for the Ontario Premier’s Research Excellence Award, 2003.
4. PMI Excellence Student award, the Montreal Chapter of the Project Management Institute, 1992.
5. AACE CANADA Merit Student Scholarship - first place Canadian winner in the AACE competitive scholarship program, 1991.
6. International Student Fee Remission, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, 1990.
7. AACE 1st prize award for the report "Estimation in a Competitive Environment," student competition among Montreal Universities, 1990.
8. AACE 2nd prize award for the report “LOB: The Line of Balance Method,” student competition among Montreal Universities, 1989.
9. Peace Fellowship from the United States’ Government to study Masters at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, Sept. 1985 to July 1986.
1998, prepared and marked certification
exams in construction management for the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO).
committee for the 3rd Canadian
Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering held in
Thesis reader and external examiner (external to department and external to
university) for several Master’s and Ph.D. thesis.