Building Input Files

Symona

Re: Building Input Files

Postby Symona » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:21 am

Hi Rob,

yes I was hoping that could be possible. But as you (and the manual) said, water can only be moved to surface water. I suppose it is not planned to change that?

rchlumsk

Postby rchlumsk » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:39 am

Hi Symona

As far as I know that will not be changed, however it is certainly possible to add other processes in other categories, such as percolation, that may be very similar to a desired algorithm and can move water between soil storages. If you have a suggestion about what type of function or process would be beneficial to add, please let us know! Either here or via email.

Thanks,
Rob
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

maaba5

Postby maaba5 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:41 am

Dear Raven team,

I would like to know if you created a tool that automatically build the raven input files especially rvh file?

thank you

rchlumsk

Postby rchlumsk » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:25 pm

Hi there

Apart from starting with one of the tutorial files and modifying the rvh input file from there, the RavenR package (in R) has some tools to help with reading/writing rvh files. If you are familiar with R or would like to look into it some more, I recommend you take a look at the RavenR page (http://raven.uwaterloo.ca/RavenR.html) and install RavenR. There is a function called

Code: Select all

rvh.write
that can write the rvh file from data frames for the subbasins and hru information.

With respect to something that can ingest say GIS data directly to an rvh file, this does not currently exist but may be developed in the future. Feel free to submit any ideas or development requests to the Raven team http://raven.uwaterloo.ca/Team.html, as these tools are under active development.

Cheers,
Rob
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

Return to “Modelling Approaches and Tips”