OSTRICH commands and integration

Francis

OSTRICH commands and integration

Postby Francis » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:24 pm

Hi, I have a few questions about the calibration of Raven models with OSTRICH.

1) Is the ExtraDirs command required as soon as the model files are not inside the same folder as the OSTRICH executable?

2) Are there parameters in string formats that can be calibrated? I'm asking this mostly to know if the command BeginCombinatorialParams is useful for Raven.

3) Is it safe to assume parameters inside the "RavenParameters.dat" file that have float values need to be calibrated with "BeginParams" and those that have only integers need to use "BeginIntegerParams"?
For example, "FOREST_COVERAGE LULT [0..1] False 0 0 1" would be "BeginIntegerParams" and "POROSITY SOIL [0..1] True 0.4 0.0 1.0" would be "BeginParams".

I'm also currently brainstorming about how I will integrate OSTRICH to the GUI and I have some ideas.

I would have a file pairs section, where it's possible to add as many rows as needed. Each row will contain one column with a widget to select a template file and a second column with a widget to select the matching model input file.

Then, in another section, the input files from the file pairs will all be read along with the "RavenParameters.dat" to extract parameters that can be optimized (this will probably not work for .rvh files).

The parameters name would then be listed with a checkbox next to it, so that they can be selected or not.

Finally, by clicking on a button, the selected parameters would show up in a table below, where their default values, lower and upper bounds would be set automatically and be customizable.

I don't know if it makes much sense by text like this, but let me know if you have other ideas or feedback!

Here's an example of the window where the parameters would be:
qrvn_ostrich_params.png

In the end, the selected parameters would look like something similar to the next screenshot, where the values would be editable:
qrvn_customoutputs.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Modelling Approaches and Tips”