ModelToSchematic Feature

Discuss ideas for features you would like to see implemented in Raven
ktsuruta

ModelToSchematic Feature

Postby ktsuruta » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:16 pm

I would find value in a RAVEN feature that automatically generated a schematic (such as the one on the fourth page of Walkthrough #1) based on the input .rvi file.

I'm fairly new to RAVEN and C++, so I don't know how feasible it would be to create such a feature, but I think it could be quite handy for diagnostics and to confirm that the model is set up in the way the user intended. The visualization may also help users understand the significance of the various model/process options within the .rvi file.

Cheers,
Kai

rchlumsk

Re: ModelToSchematic Feature

Postby rchlumsk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi Kai

You are right in that this feature does not currently exist, however there have been discussions about the usefulness of this type of feature and I would agree that it would be a great visualization and diagnostic tool. I will pass on your comments to the development team.

Cheers,
Rob
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

rchlumsk

Re: ModelToSchematic Feature

Postby rchlumsk » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:58 pm

Hello Kai

I stumbled on this old post here and thought it would be prudent to provide an update. The RavenR package has some functionality that can visualize the model structure similar to the figures shown in the tutorials (although perhaps not quite as sophisiticated yet). You can find more information here

https://community.rstudio.com/t/introducing-new-features-in-ravenr-r-views-submission/116080

Cheers,
Rob
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

Return to “Feature Requests”