Modification from version 2.1.0 to 2.6 issues

Ask questions or report problems
chandra

Modification from version 2.1.0 to 2.6 issues

Postby chandra » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:17 pm

I have input files of a watershed which run without any error with the Raven v2.1.0 which is an older version. I have tried running the same files with the latest version i.e. Raven v2.6 but it shows error as "ERROR : StringToSVtype: Unrecognized State Variable (2)". What could be the possible reason for that? And how should I eliminate the error?

jrcraig_

Re: Modification from version 2.1.0 to 2.6 issues

Postby jrcraig_ » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi Chandra,

A lot has changed since v2.1. One thing that has changed is more careful QA/QC of the to/from entries in each of the :HydrologicalProcesses list commands.

First, the bad string (the unrecognized state variable in the input file) should be printed to the screen, just prior to "exiting gracefully". If the bad string isn't enough of a clue, you could add :NoisyMode to the top of the .rvi file and monitor precisely where this error occurs when reading the input files. If that still doesn't work, I would comment out all of the hydrological processes one by one until it is clear which one is throwing the complaint. It is possible you had a typo in the "from" or "to" state variable that was just ignored by v2.1.

If this doesn't work, you could send the complaining file to jrcraig@uwaterloo.ca and I could take a quick peek.

Cheers.

Return to “Help & Support”