Landuse-specific calibration of global parameter

Ask questions or report problems
ktsuruta

Landuse-specific calibration of global parameter

Postby ktsuruta » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:51 pm

I'm running a simulation where I'd like several global parameters to take different values depending on if the hru is glaciated or non-glaciated. Is there a simple way to do this? My simulation has many landuse change commands where hrus are changed between glacier and non-glacier types, so doing something like dividing the basin into its glaciated and non-glaciated components and running separate simulations on the two components won't quite work. Essentially, I'm looking for a way to change a parameter from type global to type landuse. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

rchlumsk

Re: Landuse-specific calibration of global parameter

Postby rchlumsk » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi ktsuruta

Do you have any examples of specific global parameters you wish to adjust with landuse? To my knowledge I don't know of a great way to do that for global parameters, but if you provide more details on which parameters you wish to adjust and for what purpose I can provide more thoughts on that.

Thanks,
Rob
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

jrcraig

Re: Landuse-specific calibration of global parameter

Postby jrcraig » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:46 pm

Hi Kai,

By definition, the global parameters are global. However, if deemed desirable, I may be able to change the source code to add a local override or correction so you can have these parameters effectively vary in space; this is not a massive effort. Let me know via e-mail what you are trying to do.

Regards,
James Craig

Return to “Help & Support”