CSubBasin error message

Ask questions or report problems
pcampbell

CSubBasin error message

Postby pcampbell » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:52 pm

I'm trying to run a model in UBCWM format but am getting the following error message:

ERROR : CSubBasin::Constructor: Reference flow must be non-zero and positive (or _AUTO)

I've checked the Raven manual and the only references I can find for CSubBasin or Constructor commands are in chapter 9. I'm not trying to modify the Raven code so am not sure why I'm getting this error message or what it means. I'm trying to run the model through RavenViewLite3, Raven v3.0 64 bit.

Does anyone know what this error message means or how I can resolve it?

Thanks
Pete

rchlumsk

Re: CSubBasin error message

Postby rchlumsk » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:22 am

Hi Pete

Apologies for the late response here. In case you were not able to resolve it, you may need to specify the :AvgAnnualRunoff parameter in the rvp file, which is used to initialize reference flows and initial flows in the model. See the section in the Raven Manual on Global Parameter Specification, page 140 in the latest version.

Let me know if you were able to resolve this and what the issue was.

Cheers,
Rob
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

pcampbell

Postby pcampbell » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:43 pm

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply and apologies for my own delayed response. My model does have the AvgAnnualRunoff parameter, but that wasn't the issue. I had some comments (# lines) in the :SubBasins section of the rvh file: while they were there I got the error message, once I removed them the model ran without issue.

Thanks
Pete

rchlumsk

Postby rchlumsk » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:33 pm

Thanks for the update Pete, good to know for future reference.

Cheers,
Rob
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

Return to “Help & Support”