Profile specification for SubBasins

Ask questions or report problems
Symona

Profile specification for SubBasins

Postby Symona » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:09 am

Hello,

I am getting the following Error Message:

===============Exiting Gracefully==============
Exiting Gracefully: Parse HRU File: Unrecognized Channel profile code ([NONE]) in SubBasins command
Error Type: Bad input data
========================================

Same thing if I try "DEFAULT" as the Profile Code in the .rvh SubBasins part. I thought defining a ChannelProfile was optional in the .rvp file? So I just want to tell the Model there is no profile, please assume a standard profile. Or is Raven not doing that and I do need to define the channel as a requirement?

Or am I getting something completely wrong?

Thank you for your help!

Symona

Re: Profile specification for SubBasins

Postby Symona » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:35 am

Okay, I figured that the channel geometry and Manning's n values are required parameters for the model operation refering to table A.1 in the manual. However how do all the TutorialFiles work when the never specify channels and refer to PROFILE = NONE for :SubBasin :Attribute in the .rvh file?

jrcraig

Postby jrcraig » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:05 am

Channel profiles can be set to NONE only when no routing is used (i.e., :RoutingMethod is ROUTE_NONE), which is typically reserved for single-basin lumped models where in-channel routing is not required. Since most of the routing algorithms require a reference celerity, the channel/mannings n information must be supplied if modelling a network of subbasins.

Symona

Postby Symona » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:07 am

I tried to reconstruct my error and it seems I have been misslead by the headline of A.1.1 "Required Commands". Thus I took all other commands as optional (including :Routing).
As I understand it my single-basin model then assumed the default algorithm for routing = diffusive_wave and thus called for a profile + parameters.
Since I specifically defined :RoutingMethod = ROUTE_NONE the model also works without profile specification.

Thank you for the clearification.

Return to “Help & Support”