Single Time Series

Ask questions or report problems
Symona

Single Time Series

Postby Symona » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 am

Hello,

I am having some trouble with a precipitation file. I have several :MultiData time series and one (single) :Data timeseries. While using only the :MultiData time series the model works fine and interpolation works. Including my single data time series the model produces the following error:

Exiting Gracefully: CGauge::Initialize: No precipitation time series found
Error Type: Bad input data

It seems to be read correctly however according to this:

reading line 19: End Gauge
reading line 21: Gauge Information Begin
reading line 22: Gauge latitude
reading line 23: Gauge longitude
reading line 24: Gauge elevation
reading line 25: Redirect to file: KLIM_LWF_48.rvt
reading line 1: Time Series Data: PRECIP
reading line 26: End Gauge
reading line 28: Gauge Information Begin

Same error when I want to use just the single data series.

This is what the File looks like and how it is called:

:Data PRECIP
1970-01-01 00:00:00 1.0 16801
[...]
:EndData

:Gauge LWF48 pt
:Latitude 50.980
:Longitude 12.414
:Elevation 1000
:RedirectToFile KLIM_LWF_48.rvt
:EndGauge

Is there a problem in how I defined the file or am I missing something else?
Thank you for your help!

rchlumsk

Re: Single Time Series

Postby rchlumsk » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:07 am

Hi Symona, the syntax for the file looks ok to me, however the gauge needs to be defined before the data for that gauge is read in. Can you confirm that the file <model_name>.rvt includes your gauge data, i.e.

:Gauge LWF48 pt
:Latitude 50.980
:Longitude 12.414
:Elevation 1000
:RedirectToFile KLIM_LWF_48.rvt
:EndGauge

# (+ other gauges)

and you have a separate file called KLIM_LWF_48.rvt with your precip data (as formatted in your post)? Otherwise it may be that the data read before the gauge is defined, and is therefore not being associated properly with the gauge.
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

Symona

Postby Symona » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:00 am

Dear rchlumsk,

yes, my .rvt file includes the necessary command. And the File KLIM_LWF_48.rvt can be found in the same folder as the .rvt file (+other necessary model files).

The model seems to be able to read the file but somehow can't use it as Precipitation input. At first I thought it might be a problem of the interpolation to work with both - multi and single - datasets. But the same error occurs if I want to run the model with JUST the single time series.

rchlumsk

Postby rchlumsk » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:16 am

I have been able to recreate your error in a test model by providing just a single precipitation series. It is possible that Raven expects minimum and maximum daily temperature as well as the minimum forcings to drive the model, although if there are temperature measurements at other gauges to interpolate from this should theoretically not be a problem. I will take a closer look at this and let you know when I figure out the problem.
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

jrcraig

Postby jrcraig » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi Symona,

This error has been rectified and was due to a bug in the code. Unfortunately, you will have to wait for the new release to avoid it. In the meantime, I suggest only using the :MultiData command instead (you can even use it with one time series, so it should be relatively easy to modify your input files). Apologies for the inconvenience.

Return to “Help & Support”