Raven Version 2.7 now online

Announcements from the Raven development team.
jrcraig

Raven Version 2.7 now online

Postby jrcraig » Sat May 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Dear Raven Modelling Community,

I am pleased to note that version 2.7 of the Raven Hydrologic Modelling Framework is now available at:

http://www.civil.uwaterloo.ca/jrcraig/Raven/Downloads.html

This version has been improved with a handful of modelling features, new algorithms, quality checks on inputs, increased speed, and minor bug fixes. Notably, the following features have been added:
• Support for gridded input forcing data (precipitation, temperature, relative humidity, etc. on an arbitrary grid) in NetCDF format, thanks to Raven developer Juliane Mai. Note this requires use of the Raven NetCDF executables (Linux/MacOS available, Windows forthcoming).
• Improved place- and time-specific control over processes and parameters using the :-->Conditional, :LandUseChange, and :VegetationChange commands, allowing for any land use and vegetation to change during the course of simulation and for different process representation and parameterization to be applied across the landscape.
• Greatly improved support for reservoir simulation and calibration
• The automatic generation of template property files (.rvp) to help with assembly of custom models using the :CreateRVPTemplate command
• Support for additional model quality diagnostics (Nash-Sutcliffe of Logarithmic flows, Nash-Sutcliffe of observation derivatives, Kling Gupta efficiency, and others) thanks to developer Konhee Lee.
• Water year-based summary statistics
• New process models (USACE snowmelt, Hedstrom-Pomeroy canopy interception, simplified Penman Combination ET estimates, GAWSER-style snow balance/consolidation, and others)
• Improvements/updates to the Raven Documentation

**Note that there are no backward compatibility issues with v2.6**

surajitdb

Re: Raven Version 2.7 now online

Postby surajitdb » Mon May 29, 2017 2:23 am

I would like to congratulate Dr. James Craig and the team for coming out with yet another version of Raven hydrological framework. I believe it is going to be exciting and interesting.

Symona

Re: Raven Version 2.7 now online

Postby Symona » Mon May 29, 2017 7:55 am

Sounds great! I will check it out immediately. Thank you to the Raven team for all the hard work!

Return to “Announcements”