RavenR package now online

Announcements from the Raven development team.
jrcraig

RavenR package now online

Postby jrcraig » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:13 am

Hi Raven Users! A powerful new package of R utilities developed by R. Chlumsky for manipulating, analyzing, and visualizing Raven output is now online at http://www.civil.uwaterloo.ca/jrcraig/Raven/Downloads.html. The documentation and tutorial is really high quality, so we hope you decide to try it out!

surajitdb

Re: RavenR package now online

Postby surajitdb » Thu May 04, 2017 6:15 am

I must congratulate R. Chlumsky for such good work. I have been learning R and using it. Hence, this has come at the right time as I will find easier to handle Raven outputs. I have been trying to install RavenR, but getting error for my R version 3.2.5. All the dependencies were installed prior. I got the following error:

> install.packages('RavenR_1.0.0.tar.gz', repos = NULL, type="source")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/hp/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning in install.packages :
running command '"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-32~1.5/bin/x64/R" CMD INSTALL -l "C:\Users\hp\Documents\R\win-library\3.2" "RavenR_1.0.0.tar.gz"' had status 127
Warning in install.packages :
installation of package ‘RavenR_1.0.0.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status
>

Thanking you.

Regards,
Surajit

rchlumsk

Postby rchlumsk » Fri May 05, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi Surajit, I am happy to see some excitement over the package, I hope it will be useful for you. Please feel free to post or email to me any suggestions you have for updating the package.

As to the error, there does not seem to be a clear solution from other people who have had the same error code. By best guess is that it is a version issue, since the package was developed on my system under version 3.3. I would suggest that you:

1) First ensure that the dependent libraries are indeed installed in the same library path that RavenR is trying to install in, i.e. ‘C:/Users/hp/Documents/R/win-library/3.2’, although it does not appear to be a dependency issue from the error messages
2) Update your R version to 3.3 or 3.4, and retry the installation (you may have to reinstall the dependent packages and other packages you have installed, as a new library path will be created for the new version)

Please let me know whether that works or not, I can look into this further if not.

Cheers,
Rob
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

surajitdb

RavenR runs on later version of R: R 3.4.0

Postby surajitdb » Sat May 06, 2017 5:49 am

Hi Robert,
Yes I could successfully installed RavenR on R 3.4.0. I would run latest version of R on my system, but as I couldn't run a hydrological package on the later version, I had to install older version of R 3.2.5. Now, I am having both the versions on my system. I have tried running RavenR by following the code provided by you in the tutorial. I could run successfully, excepting the commands on lines 191, 193 and 198 of RavenR_Tutorial.R :
> flow.residuals(sim,obs)
Error in month(base[ep[1]]) : object 'base' not found
> flow.residuals(sim,obs,ma.smooth=10)
Error in month(base[ep[1]]) : object 'base' not found
> monthly.vbias(sim,obs)
Error in loadNamespace(name) : there is no package called ‘RobBox’

I tried to find RoBBox package for R 3.4.0, but it was not available for the current version.

I have emailed you the same.

Thanking you.

Regards,

Surajit

rchlumsk

Postby rchlumsk » Sun May 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi Surajit

I have updated the RavenR package to resolve the issues you mentioned. The updated v1.0.1 has some bug fixes and now set to require R >= v3.3 to avoid the installation error with older versions. The updated version will be available for download shortly.

Cheers,
Rob
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

Symona

Postby Symona » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:09 am

Hello,
this is a great and very helpfull package! Thank you!
Will there be (or is there) a function for reading in the ExhaustiveMassBalance.csv?

rchlumsk

Postby rchlumsk » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:03 am

Hi Symona,

I am glad you like the package. There is not currently but I have made note to include such a function for the next development. There is still a lot ongoing with updating the package so please let me know if you have any other suggestions for missing functions.

Cheers,
Rob
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

kenedy

Postby kenedy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:01 am

I congratulate you for this great job....well done.
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

rchlumsk

Postby rchlumsk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:22 am

Thanks kenedy, glad to hear you like it. It is still being actively developed, so please let me know via forum or email if you have any suggestions or bugs to report.

Cheers,
Rob
Robert Chlumsky
rchlumsk@uwaterloo.ca

Return to “Announcements”